Designer Eyewear Frames and Sunglasses
Bebe, Bongo, Candies, Carmen Marc Valvo, Carrera, Charmont, Coach, Colors in Optics, Fendi, Gucci, Guess, Hagar, Harley Davidson, Hugo Boss, Jessica Simpson, Juicy Couture, Legre, Nicole Miller, Nike, Nine West, Perry Ellis, Prada, Rampage, RayBan, Skechers, Versace, and many more….
We also carry a wide variety of frames to meet every taste and functional need. These include:
- Titanium frames: nickel-free and hypoallergenic, very lightweight, and durable. These are available in full-frames designs and as “rimless” with a multitude of customizable color and lens shapes options.
- Stainless steel frames: nickel-free and hypoallergenic, very light weight heat and corrosion-resistant
- Memory (flexible) metal: lightweight and durable, sporty and conservative styles.
- Memory (flexible) plastic: lightweight, trendy colors and frame shapes
- Faux wood: These look and feel like real wood, but have the benefit of being adjustable.
- Retro frames: classic, fun styles with modern convenience (aviators, cat-eye, John Lenon-style)
- Plastic frames: Lightweight and available in largest variety of styles and colors
- Large frames: for people with larger than average sized faces, available in metal and plastic varieties
- Asian-fit frames: for people with flatter than average nose bridges, available in metal and plastic varieties
- Childrens frames: strong, flexible, and fun frames colors available. Some additional features include spring hinges, and cable temples to improve durability. We have a great selection, ensuring properly fitting eyewear for your child which is essential for good performance in a classroom setting.
- Safety Frames: Safety eyewear must conform to a higher standard of impact resistance than regular eyeglasses. This higher standard applies to both the lenses and the frames of safety glasses and goggles. Safety glasses may have prescription lenses or nonprescription (also called "plano") lenses. Regardless of their size or the durability of the frame and lenses, regular prescription eyeglasses do not qualify as safety glasses unless they meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) criteria.
- Sunglasses: designed to shield the eyes from harmful UV rays, but they are also valued as a fashion statement. Available in prescription and nonprescription options.
- CARBON RESIN (PLASTIC): Carbon resin lenses can be tinted to almost any color and density. These lenses are more easily scratched than glass and do not block out harmful ultraviolet light rays. Application of an optional scratch protection and ultraviolet light filter is recommended.
- HIGH INDEX: High index lenses bend light more efficiently allowing stronger prescriptions to be thinner and lighter than when made in conventional materials. These high-technology lenses absorb all harmful ultraviolet light and can be tinted to any shade or color.
- POLYCARBONATE: Polycarbonate lenses are the most impact resistant and are prescribed for children and active patients. Their unique strength allows them to be made ultra-thin, providing lighter, more comfortable lenses. They absorb all harmful ultraviolet rays found in light.
- TRIVEX: Similar to polycarbonate lenses, Trivex lenses are impact resistant very lightweight, and offer UV protection. However, Trivex rises above polycarbonate with both its optical quality and suitability for drill mounting.
- ULTRA HIGH INDEX: Lenses with an Index of Refraction of 1.67 or 1.74 offer the flatest, thinest and lightest lenses possible for higher corrective prescriptions. Aspheric design allows these lenses to minimize periferal distortions, image magnification, and like optical hazards of higher powered lenses. Lenses of 1.67 material are also ideal for rimless mountings.
- COMPUTER: Computer lenses use special designs and filters to relieve the eye fatigue, redness and discomfort associated with prolonged computer use. Unlike conventional readers that work only at near, these lenses allow for clear vision at intermediate and near distances.
- FLAT TOP BIFOCAL / TRIFOCAL: Bifocal lenses are available with the near portion made in a variety of widths to aid in various close-up visual demands. Trifocal lenses add a segment to provide clear vision at arm’s length, that intermediate distance that is often blurred for bifocal wearers.
- OCCUPATIONAL: Occupational lenses address the specific, visual requirements many jobs impose. If you have visual demands in this category, we can determine the best lens design.
- PROGRESSIVE: Progressive lenses are the most technologically advanced multifocal lens design. These lenses provide continuous, clear vision at all distances, without the lines or “image jump” found in traditional multifocal lenses. They are the design of choice for all multifocal lens wearers. Our office features industry leading HOYA® lenses and even provides for the fitting of the HOYA® LIFESTYLE® a uniquely customizable progressive technology that provides the patient with a lens designed specifically for his or her own habit of vision, frame choice and particular refractive needs.
- SINGLE VISION: Single vision lenses provide clear vision at all distances for most people under the age of forty. These lenses can be used in task specific eyewear to clear far, intermediate or near distance visual demands for people who normally wear multifocal lenses.
- SPORT AND SAFETY EYEWEAR GOGGLES AND MASKS: Sport lenses offer designs to meet the special, visual needs of sports enthusiasts, from bikers and skiers to swimmers and golfers. Many professional athletes use particular color tints, light filters and materials to enhance their vision and performance. Polycarbonate is the material of choice for active sports and occupational safety eyewear.
Ask Us About
- ANTIFATIGUE LENSES: Single vision lens designed to ease visual fatigue for young patients with excessive near vision requirements (eg: college students, new office professionals, artists and craftsmen.)
- DRIVEWEAR LENSES: Single vision and progressives designed to enhance driving with the glare protection of polarization and a photosensitive element that actually allows the lenses to darken in the car in bright sunlight.
- HIGH DEFINITION LENSES: Digital single vision and progressive lenses with noticeably sharper viewing zones as compared to other traditionally made lenses. Clearer peripheral vision and allows for more natural eye and head movements throughout the day.
Lens options can add substantially to wearing comfort, optical clarity and appearance.
- ASPHERIC: Aspheric lenses provide improved visual and cosmetic benefits in single vision and progressive designs. These lenses increase edge-to-edge clarity and allow for flatter, thinner and lighter conventional lenses. This eliminates the “bulgy”, magnified appearance of far-sighted prescriptions and the “small eyes”, minified look of near-sighted corrections.
- POLARIZED: Polarized lenses are an exciting sunglass option that eliminates the glare reflected off the surface of objects. They are especially appropriate on or around the water and recommended for driving, fishing, hunting and all types of outdoor activities.
- SCRATCH PROTECTION: Special treatments have been developed to help protect lenses from normal scratching. Carbon resin lenses can be more easily scratched than other lenses. The modest additional cost for such scratch protection is usually a prudent investment.
- ULTRAVIOLET FILTER: Special treatment is available for carbon resin lenses to completely absorb the harmful ultraviolet rays found in light. High index, photochromic and polycarbonate lens materials automatically provide ultraviolet protection at no extra cost.
- ANTI-REFLECTIVE: Anti-reflective lenses are much like those used on fine cameras. Distracting reflections are removed from the front and back surfaces of the lenses. This improves the quality and clarity of vision, reduces eye fatigue and enhances the wearer’s appearance.
- PHOTOCHROMIC: Photochromic lenses are as clear as regular lenses indoors, but they automatically darken outdoors. The brighter the sun the darker they get, getting as dark as sunglasses in bright light. These lenses provide 100% ultraviolet protection and scratch protection.
Call 323-667-2102 today.