We are aware of the importance of saving our environment and collectively take measures to reduce our carbon footprint.
- We clean the office, wherever possible, with environmentally friendly products.
- Paint applied throughout the office was formulated with the lowest level of carbon emitting, volatile organic compounds (VOC's) available.
- We have live plants in the office to naturally filter the air.
- We use natural light from our windows whenever possible.
- All appliances, electronics, and plumbing fixtures have of the highest EnergyStar rating available.
- We made the BIG move to Electronic Medical Records to reduce paper usage and have ongoing, secure shredding and recycling of all documents to perpetuate sustainable solutions. All paper products purchased for daily practice needs are from recycled products.
- We have gone electronic with our appointment and examination recall reminders. No more postcards in the mail.
- We also "recycle" all patient donations of their used eyeglasses and donate them to the local Lions Club.
- Our staff members often carpool or take public transportation to work.